.doc files - Microsoft Word document files
Suppose you are unable to view a file properly. You discover the type of the file is
.doc or "Microsoft Word document".
How do you display a .doc file properly?
If appropriate, read about and download the appropriate version of the Microsoft Word Viewer software for
- Install the Microsoft Word Viewer software.
- Use the Microsoft Word Viewer software to open and to display .doc files.
If (for example)
- you are not able, allowed, or willing to use Method 1, and
- you can access the World Wide Web,
then you might prefer to use Method 2 to try to convert the .doc file and to view the results:
- If appropriate, use a "Download" link at OpenOffice.org to
download (a "stable" version of) the OpenOffice.org software suite for free.
- Install the OpenOffice.org software.
- Use the OpenOffice.org software to open and to display .doc files.
- You might also use the OpenOffice.org software to make or to edit .doc files.
Suggestions? Questions? Having trouble with a link here?
Feel free to e-mail the Equinet Broadcasting Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was updated on July 28, 2004.
Barry G. Wong
Equinet Broadcasting Network
World Wide Web: https://mythanks.tripod.com/
Copyright © 1998-2003 by Barry G. Wong. All rights reserved.